1. Voip Roleplay
In-game VOIP is to be used at all times in roleplay.
A microphone and headset (or headphones) are required to play on DarksideRP.
1-a. Mute Characters: We do not currently allow ‘mute’ characters as there are not currently enough emotes to facilitate this type of RP and active PvP does occur on the server (requiring vocal communication). Written notes are not a substitute for voice RP.
1-b. No Mic Spam. Please do not broadcast music or found effects over the in game VOIP system unless it fits the RP scene and is only done for the minimum required time to enhance the RP or make the joke.
2. English Fluency
This is an English speaking server and all players must be able to communicate clearly in spoken English. English does not need to be your main language but you must be fluent enough to easily understand others and be understood.
3. External Communication
External Communication (discord channels, skype, teamspeak, in-person communication etc.) may not be used for anything regarding actual roleplay. Similarly, external voice communication can be used only while solo-farming materials (non-RP tasks). The moment you begin active RP, you MUST close your external connection and use in game VOIP.
- All external communication must be unrelated to RP.
- External communication is NEVER allowed during raids or combat.
4. Local Chat
Local chat may only be used for written emotes that you wouldn’t typically be able to enact with the game’s limited emote system, or to communicate OOC issues in the case of an emergency. You must use (( )) to denote that you are speaking OOC. Example: ((OOC: Sorry, mic problems. One moment.))
5. Other Forms
The radio, and whatever is broadcasted over it, must always be in character.
Radios are present in: Ark Survival Evolved.
- Radio communications must be as realistic as possible.
- The radio should be used to facilitate RP and NOT as your primary mode of RP.
- If you recognize the voice, you would know who is speaking even if they do not state their name.
- If you have not met someone in RP, if they don’t state their name, all you know is their voice.