1. Voip-Based Roleplay
In-game VOIP is to be used at all times in roleplay.
- 1-a. Mute Characters: We do not currently allow ‘mute’ characters as there are not currently enough emotes to facilitate this type of RP and active PvP does occur on the server (requiring vocal communication). Written notes are not a substitute for voice RP.
- 1-b. No Mic Spam. Please do not broadcast music or found effects over the in game VOIP system unless it fits the RP scene and is only done for the minimum required time to enhance the RP or make the joke.
2. English Fluency
This is an English speaking server and all players must be able to communicate clearly in spoken English. English does not need to be your main language but you must be fluent enough to easily understand others and be understood.
3. No External Communication
External Communication (discord, skype, teamspeak, in-person communication etc.) may not be used for anything regarding actual roleplay. Similarly, external communication can be used only while solo-farming materials (non-RP tasks). The moment you begin active RP, you MUST close your external connection and use in game VOIP.
- All external communication must be unrelated to RP.
- External communication is NEVER allowed during raids or combat.
3-a. Tribe or Company Discord
If you have a discord server created specifically for the roleplay of your group, you must have at least one admin present (that does not belong to that company) and they must be given access to all channels for the sake of monitoring server related communications for fair play. DarksideRP Moderators do not count as admins.
4. Local Chat
Local chat may only be used for written emotes that you wouldn’t typically be able to enact with the game’s limited emote system, or to communicate OOC issues in the case of an emergency. You must use (( )) to denote that you are speaking OOC. Example: ((OOC: Sorry, mic problems. One moment.))
5. Other Forms
Two-Way Radio – Radios are present in: Ark Survival Evolved.
The radio, and whatever is broadcasted over it, must always be in character.
- Radio communications must be as realistic as possible.
- The radio should be used to facilitate RP and NOT as your primary mode of RP.
- If you recognize the voice, you would know who is speaking even if they do not state their name.
- If you have not met someone in RP, if they don’t state their name, all you know is their voice.