1. In-game VOIP is to be used at all times. A microphone is required to play on DarksideRP.
a. English Speaking: This is an English speaking server and all players must be able to communicate clearly in English. English does not need to be your main language but you must be fluent enough to understand others and be understood.
b. Mute Characters: We do not currently allow ‘mute’ characters as there are not currently enough emotes to facilitate this type of RP and active PvP does occur on the server (requiring vocal communcation). Written notes are not a substitute for voice RP.
2. External Communication (discord channels, skype, teamspeak, in-person communication etc.) may not be used for anything regarding actual roleplay. Similarly, external voice communication can be used only while solo-farming materials (non-RP tasks). The moment you begin active RP, you MUST close your external connection and use in game VOIP.
a. All external communication must be unrelated to RP.
b. External communication is NEVER allowed during raids or combat.
3. Local Chat may be used for written emotes that you wouldn’t typically be able to enact with the game’s limited emote system, or to communicate OOC issues in the case of an emergency. You must use (( )) to denote that you are speaking OOC. Example: ((OOC: Sorry, mic problems. One moment.))
4. No Mic Spam. Please do not broadcast music over the in game VOIP system unless it fits the RP scene and is only done for the minimum required time to enhance the RP or make a joke.
5. Radio (when applicable to the game): Treat the radio as realistically as possible. The radio, and whatever is broadcasted over it, must always be in character.
a. The radio should be used to facilitate RP and NOT as your primary mode of RP.
b. If you have met someone previously, you may know the voice even if they don’t state their name.
c. If you have not met someone in RP, if they don’t state their name, all you know is their voice.
b. Direct frequency radio RP, if needed, is allowed to be done via text and will be considered to be a “transmission”. You must explicitly state who you are in the transmission since players cannot use name/clan tags to determine who you are.