Breaking into buildings and ships, whether to steal property or cause destruction, should only be done to drive story and create mysteries for people to try to solve. Raiding should never be done out of greed, to harass players, or due to external grudges. This is a roleplay server and if it does not lead to additional roleplay, then it is not an acceptable raid.
Players are allowed to attempt a raid if:
- There is a valid RP reason to raid another character or group. (or)
- Your character is a thief and theft is appropriate to your character. (or)
- You have an OOC agreement with the owner to push storyline.
2. Raiding Limits
During a raid on a property or ship you are allowed to:
- Attempt non-destructive ways of gaining access to the locked property.
- Do a minimal damage in order to enter a property or “send a message”.
- Steal as much as you can naturally carry on your character in “one trip”.
- Steal only up to a maximum of 5 paper items* (total, not per person).
- You may not become encumbered by over-looting during a theft or raid.
- You may not steal steal any items off of sleepers (as they would awake).
- You may not attempt to steal, knock out, or harm passive tames, thralls or NPCs.
* blueprints, treasure maps, notes, books and journals.
3. Clues & Evidence
If any structure was purposefully destroyed, a claim was contested, or something is stolen, you must leave a note or sign for the owner to find. The note or sign must provide an actual RP trail for the victim to follow, including a hint, riddle or visible clues that can logically point directly back to you. Insufficient notes can result in suspension.
3-a. Witnesses: If you were witnessed by a third party or caught in the middle of a crime, you do not need to leave a note, but other players are automatically allowed to engage in PvP with you. You may not bring along a friend to the raid, and consider this your third party; the witness must be completely separate from your raiding group and have no prior knowledge of the raid. This witness must acknowledge your presence for this to be valid.
Griefing is unacceptable on DarksideRP.
Never cause excessive and unnecessary damage to player property unless if was agreed upon out-of-character or it takes place during an approved siege or war event. Only destroy and steal what is necessary to complete the roleplay.
Never drop or passive leave a player’s items on the ground to despawn. If you destroy containers and do not need the contents, you must put the loot into nearby open containers. (Likewise, every player should always leave at least one open and empty container in case of raiding events.)
4-c. Repeat Raiding
Repeatedly raiding the same character or location because they are vulnerable in some fashion, without substantial RP, is considered griefing and is subject to disciplinary action.
4-d. Kiting Mobs
Never maliciously kite wild animals, NPCs, alpha creatures, or bosses into player bases in order to cause death or destruction.
5. NLR During Raiding
If your character is killed during a raid on an enemy base, NLR takes affect regardless of whether an enemy player was present or not. Raiding is considered active PvP and, even if you are killed by an NPC, you should not return to your body. For more in depth information, please visit our New Life Rule section.
- You may not repeatedly “corpse run” in order to perform a successful raid.
- If all players participating in the raid are on NLR cooldown, then the raid is over.