Breaking into buildings and vehicles at a clan’s home base location, whether to steal property or cause destruction, should only be done to drive story and create mysteries for people to try to solve. Raiding should never be done out of greed, to harass players, or due to external grudges. This is a roleplay server and if it does not lead to additional roleplay, then it is not an acceptable raid.
A raid is defined by any attempt to illegally access or damage the buildings and vehicles at a clan’s home base location.
Players are allowed to attempt a raid if:
- You are actively at war with the clan (or)
- You have an OOC agreement with the owner to push storyline.
2. Raiding Limits
During a raid on a property or vehicle:
- Attempt non-destructive ways of gaining access to the locked property.
- Do a minimal damage in order to enter a property or “send a message”.
- Steal as much as you can naturally carry on your character in “one trip”.
- Leave a ‘Clan Flag’ marking your attack in order to push roleplay.
- Attempt to return home or to the safety of a shimmer/wall with your loot.
- You may not become encumbered by over-looting during a theft or raid.
- You may not steal steal any items off of sleepers (as they would awake).
- You may not safe log items, as it is considered exploitive.
3. Clues & Evidence
If any structure was purposefully damaged or destroyed, a claim was contested, or something is stolen, you must leave a valid ‘Clan Flag’ for the owner to find.
If you were witnessed by a third party or caught in the middle of a crime, you do not need to leave a clan flag, but other players are automatically allowed to engage in PvP with you. You may not bring along a friend to the raid, and consider this your third party; the witness must be completely separate from your raiding group and have no prior knowledge of the raid.
This witness must acknowledge your presence for this to be valid.
Griefing is unacceptable on DarksideRP.
Never cause excessive and unnecessary damage to player property unless if was agreed upon out-of-character or it takes place during an approved siege or war event. Only destroy and steal what is necessary. Zeroing structures is not acceptable outside of officially declared war.
Never drop or passively leave a player’s items on the ground to despawn. If you destroy containers and do not need the contents, you must put the loot into nearby open containers. (Likewise, every player should always leave at least one open and empty container in case of raiding events.)
4-c. Repeat Raiding
Repeatedly raiding the same character or location repeatedly in quick succession without further roleplay, because they are vulnerable in some fashion, is considered griefing and is subject to disciplinary action.
4-d. Kiting Mobs
Never maliciously kite wild animals, NPCs, alpha creatures, or bosses into player bases in order to cause death or destruction.