Breaking into buildings and ships is to drive story and create mysteries for people to try to solve, not for greed, harassment or OOC grudges. Please keep in mind that raiding is a punishable offense if you are caught. #RPtunity.
1. Players are allowed to attempt a raid on another character/ company if:
– There is a valid RP reason to raid another character or tribe.
– Your character is a thief and theft is appropriate to your character.
– You have an OOC agreement with the owner to push storyline.
2. Limits: During a raid on a property or ship you are allowed to:
– Take as much as your natural carry weight (not including mounts or ships).
– Take only up to 5 paper items due to their light weight (total, not per person).
– You must not become encumbered by over-looting.
– You may not steal steal any items off of sleepers (as they would awake).
3. Excessive Damage or “Stone-aging”: Purposeful and unnecessary destruction of property will not be tolerated, except during approved war. You are not allowed to destroy the entire base, or cause massive destruction to it, unless you have an OOC agreement with the other party
4. NLR During Raiding: If your character is killed during a raid on a base, NLR takes affect regardless of whether an enemy player was present. Raiding is considered active RP-PvP and, even if you are killed by an NPC guard, you may not return to your body. For more in depth information, please visit our New Life Rule section.
a. You may not repeatedly “corpse run” in order to perform a successful raid.
b. If all players participating in the raid are downed, the raid is over.
5. Salvage: You may not drop a players items on the floor to despawn. If you destroy containers, and do not need the contents inside, please put the loot into nearby open containers. (Likewise, every player should always leave at least one open and empty container in case of raiding events.)
6. Clues: If any structure was destroyed, a claim was contested, or something is stolen you must leave a note for the owner to find. The note must provide an actual RP trail for the victim to follow, including a hint, riddle or clues. If something was taken it must be listed within the note. If it is deemed an insufficient or poor note, or you’ve simply blamed someone else, the admin team reserves the right to punish the offense.
★ Notes are essentially left in place of ‘evidence’ that would typically be left behind. You must either leave a solvable riddle or puzzle, and/or some descriptive details (hair found at the scene, scents, fibers, debris… think of a real crime scene. Even ‘perfect crimes’ are never perfect… you MUST leave some form of evidence). If you’d like to draw out the ‘case’ you may also leave a longer scavenger hunt that spans larger areas, as long as it begins at the scene of the crime. Obscure and unsolvable notes are not acceptable.
7. Witnesses: If you were witnessed by a third party or caught in the middle of a crime, you do not need to leave a note, but other players are automatically allowed to engage in PvP with you. You may NOT bring along a friend to the raid, and consider this your third party; the witness must be completely separate from your raiding group and have no prior knowledge of the raid. This witness must acknowledge your presence for this to be valid.
8. Kiting NPCs: Maliciously dropping or kiting wild animals onto player bases is not allowed.
9. Repeat Raiding: Repeatedly raiding the same base/character because they are vulnerable in some fashion without substantial RP is considered griefing and is subject to disciplinary action.
Note: If you’ve been raided take this as an opportunity for further RP. Instead of salt mining get out there and RP a search based on the clues provided. Hire on help to find the raider/s or have your character use this as a growth opportunity and seek out means and ways to learn to defend yourself.