As players commit crimes, they slowly gain infamy with the Royal Navy. Once a player has become “wanted” or “infamous” they will be subject to harsher punishments.
Infamy levels also apply to all Navy Soldiers by default according to the below system.
|LEVEL 1 – SUPICIOUS
PIRATES & CIVILIANS ■ Wanted for Questioning.
|LEVEL 2 – KNOWN
PIRATES & CIVILIANS NAVY MEMBERS ■ Uncooperative & Resisting Arrest.
■ Confirmed Petty Crime (Minor).
■ Fines in excess of 5,000 gold.■ Is a lower ranking soldier and:
■ Taken hostage during battle.
Players can turn themselves in and/or pay their fines to clear their name.
Can attempt to bribe a Navy Official. This may lead to additional Infamy.
May result in additional fines and potentially jail time.
Will not result in death unless the player continues to resist.
Criminals can be jailed for up to 3 hours without OOC permission.
Known Pirates and Navy Members can be jailed for up to 24 hours.
Following jailtime, known pirate captains can be branded and released.
|LEVEL 3 – WANTED
PIRATES & CIVILIANS NAVY OFFICERS ■ Confirmed Lawbreaking (Major).
■ Repeated petty crime (Minor).
■ Liftime bounty value of 20,000 +■ Is a captain rank or higher and:
■ Taken hostage in battle.Reduce Infamy
Players can turn themselves in peacefully to avoid hostilities.
Players can pay triple the current bounty value in tribute.
Attempt to bribe a Navy Official. This may lead to additional Infamy
Dependant on crime and criminal history.
Criminals and Navy Officers can be jailed for up to 48 hours.
Following jailtime, any known pirate can be branded and released.Note: Death by firing squad is not a perma and you may respawn with a head injury.
|LEVEL 4 – INFAMOUS
PIRATES & CIVILIANS NAVY OFFICERS ■ Lifetime bounty value of 50,000 +
■ Has sunk 5 Navy Ships.
■ Caused the execution of an Officer.■ Is a captain rank or higher and:
■ Has sunk 5 company ships.
■ Caused the execution of a Captain.Reduce Infamy
There is no way to reduce infamy at this level.
Criminals and Navy Officers can be jailed for up 72 hours.
All execution orders have a 24 hour grace period to allow for rescue.
If not rescued, all formal executions by hanging or guillotine are a perma-death.
- Branding or Tattooing: If crew members are taken captive and proven to have taken part in pirate acts, they may be tattooed or “branded” with a ‘P’ on the back of their right hand before being released. It is prohibited to remove this tattoo and the Navy will keep a log of all who receive them.
- Jail Time: Players with infamy level 2 or higher can be jailed by the Royal Navy for longer than the standard 15 minute hostage period without OOC permission. Additionally, Navy Sailors and Officers can be held by Pirate faction for extended periods if taken hostage following a battle. All actions have consequences.
- Execution: All players who have reached ‘Infamous’ status are at risk for perma-death. Following capture, once a execution order has been given, players have a 24 hour grace period, during which their company can attempt a rescue. If not rescued, this execution by hanging or guillotine is considered a perma.
Enemy of the Crown
Privateers and Civilians who consistently break laws, perform unofficial bounties, or act in other ways deemed “aggressive and unlawful” can be marked as an “Enemy of the Crown”.
- Black Sails: If you are marked Enemy of the Crown, then you must, by server law, paint your sails black. From this point on as an Enemy of the Crown, the company will be treated as pirates. Enemies of the Crown who continue to commit crime before paying tribute to the crown, will gain Infamy.
- Tribute: To get back into the good graces of his Majesty you can deliver 50,000 gold to the Royal Navy as Tribute to return to Civilian or Privateer status.